I just want to thank Currently Apple for nominating me for the Sunshine Blogger Award. She’s very sweet and her posts are so philosophical and thought provoking.
1 – Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link back to their blogging sites.
2 – Answer the questions.
3 – Nominate 11 other bloggers and ask them 11 new questions.
4 – Notify the nominees about it by commenting on one of their blog posts.
5 – List the rules and display the sunshine blogger award logo on your site or on your post.
1. What is your favorite pet?
2. What is your birthstone?
3. What is your dream job?
More of a goal, but I’d like to create a TV series.
4. Who is your favorite person and why?
My husband. He knows me better than anyone else and I can relax completely with him.
5. Who is your favorite author?
It’s hard to pick one. I suppose Madeleine L’Engle. A Wrinkle in Time changed my life and I own so many of her books. My favorite book of hers is non-fiction – A Circle of Quiet. Much of it is about writing fiction and her discussing a workshop she lead at Columbia University.
I want to see the new movie.
6. What is your favorite quote?
Make the world a bit better or more beautiful because you have lived in it.
– Edward Bok, a magazine editor who created Bok Tower
7. What is the one thing you can’t live without?
Communication. If There wasn’t at least someone who understood me then I don’t know how I could make it.
8. What is your greatest fear?
I’m very claustrophobic. Being stuck in a few elevators over the years hasn’t helped.
9. What is the bravest thing you ever did?
I guess night diving. It was kind of an unusual experience. It was beautiful though. We saw bioluminescent string of pearl plankton. I wish I had a picture. Video would be nice too!
10. What is the silliest thing you did for love?
I’m a terrible artist. I painted a ceramic cat like my childhood cat. It looks awful. I was so embarrassed by how it turned out that I shoved it in a cabinet and forgot about it.
I found it last year and was going to get rid of it but it cracked me up so much that instead it’s become an Elf on the Shelf type joke in our house. I hide it. My husband hides it. Wherever it’s found, due to its sheer ugliness, it brings laughter.
11. If you have just one wish for yourself what would it be?
More inner stability. It feels like every time I start to feel like I have a handle on things, they change. Que sera, sera.
There’s a stanza from a song I can really relate to:
“Is my malfunction so surprising
‘Cause I always seem so stable and bright?
Ain’t it always the quiet types?” – “Phone in a Pool” by Ben Folds
Questions for my nominees:
- If you could have lunch with anyone in the world, who would it be?
- What word annoys you the most?
- When you were six, what did you want to be when you grew up?
- Is there a movie based off a book that disappointed you?
- Is there a dessert you find overrated?
- What was your favorite book when you were a child?
- What’s something that always makes you smile?
- Is there a book that you wish was a movie?
- Is there a disease you wish the average person knew more about?
- If you could only read books by one author for the rest of your life, who would you choose?
- What is your least favorite movie?
My Nominees Are: